Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NIH to launch drug development program to target rare and neglected diseases

The NIH is planning to launch a campaign aimed at developing and testing drugs aimed at rare and neglected diseases. According to the article, the NIH usually sticks to very basic science, and has only limited programs for developing drugs.

The initiative will aim to cooperate with the private market by sufficiently "de-risking" the process, since private companies have little financial incentive to develop drugs that only affect a small group of people, but are still subject to the grueling (and expensive) development and testing process.

The program will have approximately $24 million per year, aimed primarily at discovering and researching potential medicines to turn over to the private market for further development.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203771904574177701770654102.html

-Andrew Beck

2 comments:

  1. I'm so exited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of Dr. Udebhu who get me cured from herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2) with his herbs, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from herpes, I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for way to get rid of this disease, the hospital have been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching
     through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr.Udebhu helped someone in curing his herpes disease using his healing
     Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he
    did, after i receive his herbs and i take it as instructed i was cure permanently from herpes my herpes disease was gone. so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God use a man to healed me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, people suffering from herpes, brain tumor, kidney disease, pcos, AIDS, ALS,copd, asthma, athritis,herpes, Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can rich him now via ? Gmail address: drudebhuherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349051254152  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Can’t still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn’t believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete