Friday, May 15, 2009

New and Hot: Virus Causes High Blood Pressure

May 14 2009
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090514221915.htm

Scientists have found that cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a cause of high blood pressure and in some cases, atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries. CMV is a very common virus that affects between 60 and 99 percent of adults worldwide; you might be familiar with CMV as the cause of mononucleosis.

The scientists tested two groups of mice. One group was fed a normal diet and the other a high cholesterol diet. Mice infected with CMV in both diet groups experienced an increase in blood pressure relative to the control mice. One mechanism for this CMV seems to be an enhanced production of renin, an enzyme directly involved in causing high blood pressure, caused by CMV. In addition, the infected high-cholesterol mice also had atherosclerosis, which suggests that an interaction between CMV and high cholesterol levels leads to hypertension.

Elaine C

2 comments:

  1. I Can’t still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn’t believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete
  2. A recent example will be that of Swiss biotech organization, Lonza, which invested a reported USD 350 million in two Asian places Atrial Fibrillation Treatment Market size

    ReplyDelete